Georgia Conflict Center is hosting a Deeper Dive Training for In-School Restorative Practitioners this Spring, 2023. This 2-day in-person training is intended for restorative practitioners who have already had significant training in restorative practices (either through GCC or a similar organization) and have been involved in implementation and would benefit from a space of focused reflection and learning to move forward with RP implementation in your school community.
- Explore the Restorative Practices Theory of Change and Systems Change Theory generally.
- Explore school climate transformation and the range of proactive and responsive interventions to strengthen school culture and climate.
- Reflect on strategies for building restorative capacity within the school community
- Reflect on restorative approaches for responding to complex conflict and harm within the school community
- Build a roadmap for expanding restorative approaches, systems and structures within your school community
- Explore practices for self-care and sustaining the restorative practitioner
- In order to participate in the training, we ask that you confirm the following prerequisites:
- I have participated in an intensive introductory Restorative Practices training totaling at least 12 hours of training time;
- I have been involved in school-based restorative practices implementation for at least one full school year.
Dates and Location
- Training dates will be announced soon.
- Training location will also be announced soon, but will likely take place in Athens, Ga or nearby. Lunch will be provided.
$500 total, which includes lunch both days and a Deeper Dive RP Implementation Resource Manual (scholarships available based on need. Please indicate your desire for scholarship support within the registration form).
If you are interested in taking advantage of this deeper dive training opportunity, please fill out this form and we will follow up with you at our earliest convenience.Thanks so much and we look forward to being with you in Circle!Trainer Information: While we may be joined by other Restorative Practices Professionals for this training series, the lead trainers for this training are GCC Executive Director, Daniel Malec and GCC Restorative Practices Programs Manager, Mariah Foote.