The Georgia Conflict Center invites you to our Spring, 2024 Introductory School-based Restorative Practices Virtual Training Series, which will take place via 6 asynchronous training modules and 6 synchronous Zoom sessions.The virtual training, and associated reading, reflection and Group Zoom sessions, will total approximately 15 hours of training, depending on how deeply you engage the reading and reflection components. Training participants who participate in all training sessions will receive a training certificate.
Following each asynchronous training module, we will convene a Zoom Session to delve deeper into the material presented in the asynchronous training module.
- Asynchronous Virtual Training modules released weekly beginning the week of February 26th, 2024.
- Zoom sessions will take place weekly (likely on Mondays at 5pm) for 6 weeks beginning the week of March 4 and ending the week of April 15 (we will not have a Zoom session on Monday, April 1).
- An Introduction to School-based Restorative Practices and the Fundamentals of a Whole School Approach to restorative practices implementation
- Building Community One Circle at a Time: An overview of Community-building Circles as a Foundational Tier 1 practice to building positive school culture
- Strengthening your Restorative Mindset: An intentional focus on your thoughts and beliefs as a pathway to build healthy relationships and a productive learning environment
- Putting Your Words Where Your Mind Is: Restorative Communication, rooted in nonviolent communication, utilizes empathic principles to connect with ourselves and others, especially when emotions are high
- Responding Restoratively to Conflict, Harm and Wrongdoing: An introduction to responsive restorative approaches for dealing with conflict, harm and wrongdoing
- Creating Restorative Spaces - The intersection of a Restorative and Trauma-informed Approach to Discipline and Culture
Cost: The cost of the training is $400, though scholarship funding is available upon request.
If you are interested in taking advantage of this Virtual Training opportunity, please fill out this form and we will follow up with you at our earliest convenience. Thanks so much and we look forward to seeing you in Circle!
Trainer Information: While we may be joined by other Restorative Practices Professionals for this training series, the lead trainers for this training are: GCC Executive Director, Daniel Malec; GCC Operations Manager and Training Collaborator, Dr. Jodi Barnes; and School Psychologist and Restorative Justice Practitioner, Dr. Charles Curtis.